Summer is finally here. After a few too long and too cold months summer decided to join us. So, let’s celebrate her warmth and beauty with some sweet and healthy drinks. Smoothies or juices, but definitely fresh, summer drinks are a must every day. They will keep you hydrate and full of energy all day […]
Dahi Bhallay is a popular dish of Indian and Pakistani cuisines. It is a tasty, healthy and easy to make snack or appetizer made from white lentils ( also called ‘mash’ daal in hindi/urdu) and moong lentils. It is not so difficult to make and doesn’t require much preparation time.
Listed below are the ingredients required for the dish:
- White lentils ——————-1 cup
- Moong lentils —————– 1 cup
- Red Pepper ——————– As per taste
- Salt———————————As per taste
- Grounded Ajwain———–1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda——————–1 teaspoon
- Chat Masala——————–As per taste
- Tamarind sauce————–As per taste
- Yogurt—————————–250 gram
- Sugar——————————As per taste
- Soak both lentils in water in a cup for 4-5 hours.
- Grind them to make a fine paste.
- Add Ajwain, salt, baking soda and red pepper in the paste. Mix well.
- Take oil in a deep frying pan. Drop the mixture in small balls into the oil once the oil is hot enough.
- In a bowl, beat yogurt with sugar and salt.
- Take out the fried pakoras once they turn crispy golden brown.
- Add fried pakoras into yogurt and leave them for 1-2 hours.
- Serve in a bowl with chat masala and tamarind sauce ( also called imli chatni in urdu/hindi)
Fish is a low fat and high source for protein. Fish is filled with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins such as D and B2 and nutrients including calcium, phosphorous, iron and zinc. It is recommended to be taken twice a week as part of a healthy diet.
This is a very simple easy to follow fish recipe and makes a great appetizer or side dish to a meal.
- Fish fillets————————– 250 gram
- Lemon Juice———————– 2 tablespoon
- Garlic Ginger Paste————- 1 teaspoon
- Salt———————————— To taste
- Ground Black Pepper——— 1 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce————————— 1 tablespoon
- Worcestershire Sauce——— 1 tablespoon
- BBQ Sauce————————– 2 tablespoon
- Brown Sugar———————- 1 tablespoon
- Water——————————— 1-2 tablespoon
- Vegetable Oil———————- 2 teaspoon
- In a mixing bowl, season fish fillets with lemon, pepper, ginger and garlic paste, and salt.
- Add soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, water and vegetable oil.
- Mix well and turn to coat the fish fillets.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill at medium heat. Lightly oil the grill. Place the fish on the grill and discard the marinade.
- Cook fish for 7-8 minutes on each side. Serve with BBQ sauce.